[Vision2020] [Spam] Guns or thoughts

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 20 12:04:27 PDT 2007

Why did the kid stop shooting people when he did? What eventually stopped him?

  Best,

  Donovan

Tom Hansen <idahotom at hotmail.com> wrote:
  Roger Falen stated:

"If some of the people there had been armed. there would probably have been
fewer people killed."

Even from Roger Falen I expected something a bit more mature than this.

Or is he on to something?

Maybe we should ensure that each and every student is permitted to carry a
loaded firearm around campus just in case the incident at Virginia Tech
should happen here on our campus.

Could you imagine what Friday afternoons at the library would be like: "I'm
going to the Reference Desk. Cover me."

And what about football games here at UI being attended by 10,000+ fans.
How are we to know that some of them may not be a little off-center?
Students attending football games should also be armed. Nothing wreaks more
of school spirit than a good ol' half-time shoot out after three hours of
tailgating.

Now, if one of you fine people will cover me, I've gotta go to the post
office.

List services made available by First Step Internet,
mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com