[Vision2020] [Spam] Guns or thoughts

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 20 11:41:28 PDT 2007

I think the problem with guns is that to many shady criminals have licenses to sell guns. If we made it so that the people who sold guns had a clean background and were held highly accountable for WHO they sold to, many criminals and those that shouldn't have guns would have a difficult time getting a gun.

  Right now, what happens is just about anybody can get a license to sell weapons. This makes it easy for people with no ethos to buy guns in bulk and distribute them to minors, criminals, or anyone person that can scrape up $100.

  This is where the danger lies, it does not lie with law abiding men and woman trying to protect themselves.

  If society would crack down HARD on these people that sell guns knowingly to people that are using them to victimize the American people, much of our gun problems would disappear. I don't think it would be too harsh to give a 10-15 year sentence to a person who sells a gun to a minor, criminal, or someone who is deemed mentally unstable.

  If you own a gun, you are responsible for the gun, who can get at it, and what they do with it. Crimes, murders, school massacres, and even suicides occur because of irresponsible people leaving their guns out in a place where others of not sound mind can access them, or they blatantly sell them. These people need to be harshly dealt with.

  Best,

  Donovan

lfalen <lfalen at turbonet.com> wrote:
  If there han been a background check on him when he purchased the guns, his mental problems may have been discovered.
This is not to say guns should be banned. If some of the people there had been armed. there would probably have been fewer people killed. If guns are illegal, then only the bad people have guns and the good guys are defenseless. Even with strong gun controls, if someone wants a gun bad enough they will get one.

Roger