[Vision2020] John Edwards: Feelin' Pretty!

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 19 18:39:24 PDT 2007

If you'd made a lot of money (and for all I know, you're a
billionaire),  wouldn't you want to spend it?  In todays media-centered
election campaigns where apparently money and image matter and the
substance of your campaign does not, doesn't it make sense to spend some
of that (presumably) hard-earned cash to play the game with the big boys?

Isn't making cash hand-over-fist and spending it wantonly the epitome of
the "American Dream"?

I'm being a little tongue-in-cheek here, but I personally don't blame
him for spending his money on his image.  It is his money, and
acknowledging the fact that the presentation of yourself to the media is
absurdly important in today's world is only being pragmatic.

If you're looking for a President that is a normal Joe, good frickin'
luck.  It would take a complete overhaul at this point to get there.

Paul