[Vision2020] Fwd: Seriously, this time

Walter Smith don.nergal at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 16:40:14 PDT 2007

Thanks Andreas,

I would first like to applaud your courage in posting to this forum under
your own name, courage I lack. Most posters on here display a similar
courage, and I thank all of you regardless of my own cowardice. Yet this
matter, along with the Archies issue, convinced me of the need to respond
here, despite my burning desire to not be associated with vision2020.

There has been much talk about double-standards recently, largely prompted
by the Imus idiocy. Many don't seem to realize, though, that
double-standards cut both ways. If we seek to repair the damage done to this
country, we cannot forsake the foundation upon which it was built.
Disregarding any apologetic jargon about the founding fathers and their
personal beliefs; the simple and true root of our great nation and it's
success, is the basic supposition that all people are created/born equal. To
deny anyone, American or otherwise, white or otherwise, rich or otherwise,
the fundamental rights afforded the peoples of our nation; is to deny
America itself. Any right we would deprive someone else of, is a right we do
not ourselves deserve.

As to the Archies issue, which I have not yet addressed... Mr. Johnson
himself admitted that it was not the protest (as mis-guided, and thin-skined
as it was) that drove him under. It was rather a long standing lack of
patronage, apparently due in large part to a lack of adequate parking. Given
who's feet that the parking issue can be laid upon, I am very surprised that
J Ford (and many others) have blamed the paranoid overly sensitive
caretaker, rather than the true culprits.

While my "serious" post has not garnered much response, on vision2020 or
off, my first "comedic" post has resulted in quite a number of "off-line"
retorts. Many of these are amazingly offensive, but none so far threatening.
I am gathering up the "juicy" bits, and will be posting them here soon. It
is amazing what some people will say when there is no accountability
(perhaps myself included). Think of them as a skin-thickness test.

Sincerely,
Anon

P.S. my name is not Walter (nor Smith, Don, or Nergal), please feel free to
address me in whatever way you find appropriate.