[Vision2020] Palouse Mall kills another local business

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 14 17:08:17 PDT 2007

Bill,

  This is why I support another mall on the corridor. The Palouse Mall has been driving lots of small businesses and locally owned businesses out. The new mall will force the Palouse Mall owners to charge fair market rates and not discriminate against locally owned businesses. The Palouse Mall has a monopoly on the retail industry on the Palouse because SOME  in Moscow are blocking developments to create fair competition.

  I use to do laundry at the mall because it afforded me the opportunity to shop instead of watching my clothes spin around in a circle.

  The Hawkins mall does and will allow a home for these businesses. Don't block it.

  Best,

  Donovan

Bill London <london at moscow.com> wrote:
          According to today's Daily News (page 4C), the Palouse Mall gave a locally-owned business (Homestyle Laundry and Dry Cleaning) 30 days to vacate their storefront at the mall.
  30 days!
  So the owners are shutting down the business.
  Why?  according to the DN, the mall had no comment.
  This does fit in a pattern of the mall killing locally-owned businesses to replace them with national chainstores.
  BL
List services made available by First Step Internet,
mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com