[Vision2020] Notch it down

Dan Carscallen areaman at moscow.com
Wed Sep 20 08:33:51 PDT 2006

Donovan says:
" . . . he didn't exactly want them living next door did he? "

again, just for clarification, nobody LIVES there (anymore).  Turning
Point wasn't looking to have anybody LIVE there.  And, for further
clarification, I didn't want a daycare there.  Period.  Heck, I didn't
want college-age renters raising fighting dogs there, either, but I'm
not sure I had recourse to that effect.  Maybe I did under some boarding
house rules, but I wasn't as knowledgeable as to how things are supposed
to go down here in Moscow back then.

I didn't think it was a "fit" for the neighborhood.  Debbie Gray is
right to ask, though.  Where is a good fit?  Personally, had not the
Moscow Charter School kicked Turning Point out of their original
location, that would have continued to be a good fit -- Ample access,
near the school/playground, all that good stuff.

Is it a good fit next to me?  Well, let's put it this way:  I have a
relatively hard time buying shirts with long enough sleeves.  Sometimes
I'll buy a shirt that has sleeves that fit, but then I wash it and the
sleeves are too short.  So I roll the sleeves up and wear the shirt
anyway.  So that's kind of what Turning Point is, to me.  It works, but
there's always something better out there.  It's just a matter of
finding it.  So you wear the shirt with the sleeves rolled up 'til you
find one that does fit.  Or you could hire someone to put longer sleeves
on it.  I applaud the new owners of Turning Point for making the back
yard safer by removing the pool, and actually giving the kids room to
play out back.

But, honestly, it doesn't matter what I say.  Donovan only hears/reads
what he wants.  I feel a little like Br'er Rabbit having a conversation
with the Tar Baby.

Your pal,

DC