[Vision2020] grain elevator rezone

J Ford privatejf32 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 19 11:49:50 PDT 2006

Penny;

Rick Beebe and his group are "planning" to turn the elevators into
apartments.  The rezone was so he could expand the CBD but also allow for
residential housing.  The issue with this project is, again, parking.  There
is none and before it becomes some huge hub of activity, they should be
required to have the parking in place.

Before those can become living spaces, it is my hope that the health
department looks them over and clears them from mold, disease and any other
issue that could potentially be harmful to humans living in something that
was housing not only food stuffs, but rats, mice and other vermin.  We'll
see.

I believe the cost may be prohibitive for turning them into living quarters,
especially considering they were ELEVATORS and not silos as is continually
mis-stated.

It will be interesting to see just what happens to them.  I suspect we will
eventually hear that they can not do what they planned and the elevators
will be torn down anyway and new commercial buildings will replace them.  I
suspect this is just another ruse to get something that mayhap would not
have gotten approved if done face-on.

We'll see what happens.

Hope that helps.

J  :]