[Vision2020] Open Letter to Larry Craig

Jim Meyer m1e2y3e4 at moscow.com
Fri Sep 15 19:06:21 PDT 2006

Dear Senator Larry Craig,
I am amazed and astounded about how your belief in limited government is
contradicted by your actions supporting President Bush. After examining
your web site, I find your actions and priorities to be of limited value
given the real issues that face Americans in general and Idahoans in
particular. I see that you make use all the "talking points" you were
given but you have shown little of your own mind.

I am just going to speak to one issue, though there are many more. That
issue is the war in Iraq and the recent report by the Senate
Intelligence Committee stating that the Bush Administration
intentionally ignored intelligence and took us to war knowing that
Saddam had nothing whatsoever to do with 911. As a result, more than
2600 Americans have been killed in Iraq and more than 20,000 causalities
have been maimed in an illegal war of aggression that has made America
weaker, and Americans less safe. Furthermore, due diligence would have
proved that there were no significant weapons of mass destruction in
Iraq before his administration ever started the war. Anyone halfway
informed knows this to be true.

The killing of even a few Americans for a knowingly illegitimate purpose
is murder, an impeachable offense. The thousands of American deaths, the
tens of thousands Americans maimed in an illegal war, the billions lost
to his profiteering buddies, and a general failure to uphold our laws
and constitution are treasonable offenses.

Where are you on this issue? You appear to be incapable of seeing the
big picture. I would liken your actions to watering flowers in your yard
while a forest fire encroaches on your house.  Your country burns while
you neglect your senatorial responsibility to offset the unreasonable
abuse of power of the executive branch.

Have you no sense of responsibility to your constituents and to your
country? Where is your voice representing the good citizens of Idaho who
can see the big picture (in spite of the propaganda).

Please show Idahoans you are a man of integrity, not stooge of the
out-of-control executive branch.

Sincerely,

Jim Meyer