[Vision2020] naming names

g. crabtree jampot at adelphia.net
Thu Sep 14 17:09:03 PDT 2006

Ms. Place,

My goodness, I hardly know where to begin. For starters, PLEASE do not confuse or conflate me with Wayne Fox. (Art Deco) The only thing that we have in common is that we are both willing to express our opinions over our own names and breathing. Beyond that I doubt that you could find two people on the Palouse who are further apart in outlook. I do not care where you worship. (or don't) I don't care if you respect Doug Wilson or revile him. I don't care where or what you eat. I am uninterested in where you live, shop or ride your bike. If you had been paying any attention at all on this forum you would know that expressing your ideological purity in the form of anti Wal-Mart statements and denunciations of all things Christ Church isn't going to cut any kind of ice as far as I'm concerned. Wayne might be thrilled but he won't believe that you're not part of a larger conspiracy and there in lies one of our many differences.

My only problem with you (aside from your rhetorical excesses) stems from your penchant for hurling bricks from  the safety of a pseudonym. In your example of a conversation you might have with a person you meet on the street, that person you talk to has the advantage of being able to evaluate the source of the disparagement based on any number of factors, not the least of which is your character. Please don't get me wrong, I am surely not the arbiter of the rules for this playground and you can castigate and complain all you like, as far as I'm concerned. Just don't expect to be taken as seriously as if you were a real person and not just an noxious vapor trail flitting across our monitors. Hiding under the cover of "I'm just a tiny, frightened, little girl" doesn't provide much substance or excuse.

Gary Crabtree