[Vision2020] New Senate Report is full of shit....

Joe Campbell joekc at adelphia.net
Mon Sep 11 18:36:52 PDT 2006

This has got to be it for me tonight BUT what is it about personal responsibility that is so difficult for (some) conservatives to accept?

CBS news reports that, since the beginning of the Iraq war, over 100,000 Iraqis have been killed.

http://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/2004/10/28/iraq_deaths041028.html

Forget about the original -- now clearly false -- excuse of some connection between Iraq and 9/11. Just think of the second excuse: ending the Saddam killing machine. Fact is, we simply did not do any better in caring for the citizens of that country than he did.

Any way that you cut it, the Iraq War was and is a failed US policy, a failure that counts against the Bush administration and NO ONE ELSE. Just admit it and lets try to move on. If we don't admit, an even worse situation is soon headed our way in Iran.

--
Joe Campbell

---- Tony Simpson <tonytime at clearwire.net> wrote:

Ted, remember that we ALL thought Saddam had those WMDs.  He consistently thwarted the inspectors and flouted the U.N. mandates.  BOTH democrats AND republicans voted in favor of authorizing the use of force.  We were all victimized by a less than sterling intelligence apparatus, but mind you, it was DEMOCRATS, specifically FRANK CHURCH, who castrated our intelligence capabilities years ago.  For you to place all the blame for the resulting intel problems at the feet of the Bush administration is either disingenuous or simply ignorant.

Won't you research a bit more thoroughly before advocating on behalf of America's enemies in the future?

Peace out.

--Tony