[Vision2020] Safety Concerns

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Sep 3 16:21:04 PDT 2006

BMW stated:

"I believe it is the parents responsibility to teacher [teach] their
children where they can and cannot play and to be aware of their
whereabouts."

I agree with you 100%, BMW.  If this were a perfect world, all parents would
assume responsibility for raising their children.  In a perfect world, there
would never be any need for warning labels.  In a perfect world, there would
be no locks on doors.  In a perfect world, there would be no laws.
Everybody would not only look out for themselves, but each other.

As much as a surprise as this may come to you, BMW, this is not a perfect
world.  Warning labels are emplaced to prevent accidents.  Locks are
installed to secure property.  Laws are enacted to protect the community.
And safety measures are taken at construction sites (to include the
construction site located at Third Street and Mountain View) to prevent
injuries.

Until this becomes a perfect world, warning labels will be emplaced, locks
will be installed, laws will be enacted, and safety measures will be taken.
To tell you the truth, the alternative scares me.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"If not us, who?
If not now, when?"

- Unknown