[Vision2020] Convicted:Wilful Blindness:Reducing CO2 Emissions

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Sat Sep 2 15:18:26 PDT 2006

Sunil et. al.

Consider, Sunil, that you have not read all the responses to the "Critical
Mass" discussion on Vision2020, because some of them were "Off List"
discussions you were not privy to, that were prompted by the public
discussion.  And I strictly follow the rule that "Off List" communications
stay that way.  I did not name you in the post that you quote from below in
your response, that you assert was, what, probably or likely, aimed your
way?   I did not name anyone in that post subject headed:
*

Critical Mass: Kind & Gentle Activism: Thoreau Lives On?*
I did not name anyone to avoid the very sort of personalized "ad hominem"
response you gave!

But I have no axe to grind here.  I plead guilty.

I stand convicted of "wilful blindness," and throw myself on the mercy of
the court.  Will you offer your best argument to the judge or jury for a
light sentence, though you seem convinced of my guilt?  If you were my
public defender, would this not be your "sacred" duty?

How you know my blindness is "willful," though, is beyond my powers of
comprehension.  Perhaps I'm just "blind," and this is due to the oblivious
"blindness" of the sort that a famous ethicist (not Oden) once said,
"Forgive them father, for they know not what they do."

Anyway, to focus on a much more important issue that led to the discussion
on how to promote more bicycling, you did not answer the critical question
posed in the thread on Critical Mass/Inconvenient Truth, though perhaps in
my "blindness," I missed your answer.

I'll pose the question again, in case you care to enlighten us, if you have
not already:

"Inconvenient Truth: What WE gonna do?"

The "Inconvenient Truth" is human caused global warming from CO2 releases.

And your solution or solutions?

Ted Moffett