[Vision2020] Reading Ease

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 20:13:58 PDT 2006

On 10/25/06, Paul Rumelhart <godshatter at yahoo.com> wrote:

>  The main reason that I prefer top-posted replies is that I get to skip
> reading the replies I've already read again and again as the chain of
> replies continues.  I also hate having to scroll down to the bottom of a
> lengthy email exchange to get a one-line reply.

Your answer makes perfect sense, except that I think that it occurs
because people have the discourtesy of leaving all of the other
replies appended when the bulk of them should be chopped, as I am
doing here.  It really is a sensible system if people exercise it
properly.  However, netiquette isn't anything they teach (yet) in
school, so everyone develops their own, often contradictory
approaches.

--
"Intolerance betrays want of faith in one's cause." -- Mahatma Gandhi