[Vision2020] Reading Ease

Tim Lohrmann timlohr at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 26 09:05:44 PDT 2006

Someone who followed DEAR ABBY and ANN LANDERS once told me that one of the sisters' columns, don't remember which, became embroiled in an earth-shattering controversy.

  Apparently some readers preferred their toilet paper roll put in the holder so that the end of the paper pulled out from underneath the roll.

  Others were quite opposed.
  They wrote back that over the roll was the only way!

                            TL

  "Those 'technicalities' have a name, Bobby. They're called the Bill of Rights."
                                                                                                  -----Hank Hill

Chasuk <chasuk at gmail.com> wrote:
  On 10/25/06, Paul Rumelhart wrote:

> The main reason that I prefer top-posted replies is that I get to skip
> reading the replies I've already read again and again as the chain of
> replies continues. I also hate having to scroll down to the bottom of a
> lengthy email exchange to get a one-line reply.

Your answer makes perfect sense, except that I think that it occurs
because people have the discourtesy of leaving all of the other
replies appended when the bulk of them should be chopped, as I am
doing here. It really is a sensible system if people exercise it
properly. However, netiquette isn't anything they teach (yet) in
school, so everyone develops their own, often contradictory
approaches.

--
"Intolerance betrays want of faith in one's cause." -- Mahatma Gandhi

List services made available by First Step Internet,
mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com