[Vision2020] [Spam] Should Former Deans Retain Their HighSalaries?

Dan Carscallen areaman at moscow.com
Tue Oct 24 12:25:18 PDT 2006

Donovan says:
". . . are you saying that the taxpayer should continue compensating
former university presidents that underperformed and sank their school
into bankruptcy or financial hardship just  because some private
companies do that?"

Obviously nobody read Nick's manifesto.  The question I gathered from it
was "should a professor continue to get paid what he made as a Dean if
he steps down from that position?"  I think it was somewhat rhetorical.

But now I have another question, for Donovan:

Are you saying that a former university president should not be entitled
to the retirement program that he contributed to?

Your pal,

DC