[Vision2020] [Spam] Should Former Deans Retain Their High Salaries?

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 24 10:38:03 PDT 2006

Joe wrote:

  "I didn't SAY anything; I just asked a question:

  Does Roger think that CEOs should be treated the same as, or different  from, university presidents wrt lucretive resignation packages?"

  No Joe, you didn't ask a question, you made a statement. You said,

"Roger,

I'm wondering if you'd say the same thing about CEOs."

That is public speculation as to what someone is thinking, not a
question.

Second, Joe, you stated,

"I think that CEOs and university presidents should be treated
equally in this regard."

So Joe, are you saying that the taxpayer should continue
compensating former university presidents that underperformed
and sank their school into bankruptcy or financial hardship just
because some private companies do that?

Care to explain to us why that sounds like a good idea to you?

Best,

_DJA

Joe Campbell <joekc at adelphia.net> wrote:  Whoa, Nelly!

I didn't SAY anything; I just asked a question:

Does  Roger think that CEOs should be treated the same as, or different from,  university presidents wrt lucretive resignation packages?

I  haven't said how either group should be treated. If you can read  something into the question, it is only that I think that CEOs and  university presidents should be treated equally in this regard.

--
Joe Campbell

---- Donovan Arnold  wrote:

=============
I  agree with Roger. People that are not working should not be paid the  same salary as those that are, regardless of if they were Deans,  grocery checkers, or teachers. They should been treated like everyone  else. Your salary should be for the work that you do or the value that  you add, not work that you once did do.

 If Mr. Campbell  believes that it is unjust to do that with private company CEOs which  we are free to choose to not support with our dollars, then he should  also agree it is unjust to do that with government jobs that we have no  choice but to pay into.

  Best,

  _DJA

Joe Campbell  wrote:  Roger,

I'm wondering if you'd say the same thing about CEOs.

--
Joe Campbell

---- lfalen  wrote:

I'm in a hurry and havn't read this yet, but in response to the title, No they should not.

Roger