[Vision2020] (no subject)

Philip Cook pcook818 at adelphia.net
Thu Oct 19 10:07:23 PDT 2006

> Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 16:21:04 -0700
> From: "Tom Hansen" <thansen at moscow.com>
> Subject: [Vision2020] [CORRECTED COPY] City Council Special Meetings
> While listening to the following, perhaps one (or some) of you fine people
> can explain to me just how the city council's "emergency" session that
> outlawed topless carwashes was justified.

The revisions to the public nudity provisions of City Code (Title 10, Section 1-16) were not adopted at an "emergency session." They were adopted on July 15, 2002 at a special meeting of the Moscow City Council (see the minutes on the City's website). All Council meetings that occur on the third Monday of the month are special meetings (see Title 2, Section 2-2).

Philip