[Vision2020] Marriage Slipping Away (?)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Oct 15 13:36:47 PDT 2006

Extracted from Blog and Mablog at:

http://www.dougwils.com/index.asp?Action=Anchor&CategoryID=1&BlogID=2982

"The war on marriage has many fronts. We are familiar with some of them-the
press for homosexual "marriage," the capitulation to easy divorce, and so
on. But there are forces at work in our nation-undermining the institution
of marriage-that go far beyond this. Part of this is the vanishing cultural
expectation for men to find a woman and marry her."

" . . . the vanishing cultural expectation for men to find a woman and marry
her."

Not only is the culture reflected above sexist by its suggestion of
"expectation", but the implications associated with that expectation are far
demeaning to those who consider it a criterion to moral achievement.
However, this should not be surprising.  These same ethics were pandemic not
only in the "Father Knows Best" days of the 1950's but also in an

"Earlier Culture"
http://www.tomandrodna.com/Songs/Earlier_Culture.mp3

Seeya round town, Moscow.

Tom "My Spouse's Significant Other" Hansen
Vandalville, Idaho

Work like you don't need the money.
Love like you've never been hurt.
Dance like nobody's watching.