[Vision2020] [Vision2020) DEATH TO VERMIN!

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Oct 15 10:55:52 PDT 2006

ToeKnee stated:

"Andreas, you ask that I support my contention that executing a man prevents
him from killing others in the future.  If I may:  When a man is executed,
his heart stops beating, making predatory behavior difficult to engage in.
Further, his other organ systems stop functioning as well at the point of
execution, thus causing decomposition.  A moldering corpse, Andreas, is a
threat to no one."

Thus illustrating ToeKnee's ill-conceived, sophomoric attempt at . . . well
. . . whatever it is that ToeKnee is trying to say.

My interpretation, as well as that of the vast majority of English-speaking
multi-celled organisms, of Andreas' comment/query:

Please substantiate your claim that the death penalty effectively serves as
a deterrent [the inhibition of criminal behavior by fear especially of
punishment] to others from committing similar crimes.

I realize that the term "others" may not have been contained within Andreas'
comment/query.  It was simply understood to be implicit by, as I stated
above, "the vast majority of English-speaking multi-celled organisms".

We patiently await your substantive comments, although we suspect your
response to be more of the same . . .

Tom Hansen
Vandalville, Idaho

"Uh, how about a 1-strike law. Death doesn't seem too extreme for a Level-3
sex offender."

- Dale "Comb-Over" Courtney (August 3, 2005)