[Vision2020] Is Moscow Ready for Reservoir?

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 11 13:27:46 PDT 2006

Nick,

 You are then not being totally truthful then? You are  in fact renting the house out for $750 + $600 + which equals  $1350+utilities (another $100) a month. Further, the house is over 1/2  a century old. It takes 6 people without children to afford renting  this one old house. That is not affordable to a family making $30,000 a  year. Isn't that's why you divided the house?

  Let's do the math: A couple making $30,000, with tax breaks for one child, takes home about $28,000. That is $2,333 a month.

  Take out the $1450 for rent and utilities, that comes to over 75% of  the family's income to rent a house in Moscow, or nearly 2.5 times what  is considered affordable.

  1/2 a house that is 1/2 a century old, in a noise neighborhood, just $750 a month, is a deal?

  The dirty karma question was related to fact that is was running over people's dogma.

  Best,

  _DJA

  Seems to me like you are

Nick Gier <ngier at uidaho.edu> wrote:  Greetings:

My house was built in 1955. It is 1152 sq. ft upstairs with an identical
area in a fully developed basement, which rents for $600 per month.  I pay
WSG, which runs well over $100 per month.  My tenants, six very responsible
UI students, pay the power bill, which has gone up considerably because of
the cost of natural gas.  I believe that the bill averages about $100 per
month.  The downstairs tenants have a much lower power bill.

I think that was all the questions, but I refuse to answer any questions
about my "dirty" karma.

Nick Gier