[Vision2020] All-Candidate's Forum October 17

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 6 17:49:36 PDT 2006

I am sorry you elect a practice of discrimination in your candidate  forum debates. I don't think it worked well last election year for you  either. I think it is highly discriminatory, particularly for those  that don't have access or cannot use the internet (over 30% of the  population). You really expect the elderly to access the internet and  ask questions, or do you not care for their participation? My guess is  you forgot them and wonder why we only get a 25%-50% turn out.

  Furthermore, it is empirical fact that most of your message and  communication is lost when you use this method to ask questions. Ask  any communication professor.

  You have placed a giant wall between candidates and voters.

  Too sad. I won't attend your forum because of its exclusivity.

  As to time constraints, 2 hours of audience questions is still two hours.

  Best,

Donovan J Arnold

fallforum at adelphia.net wrote:  Dear Mr. Arnold.

I'm  sorry you feel this way. We chose this format not only because it  worked well the last election year, but also due to time constraints.  As noted in the original note, the public can send questions to the  candidates through the e-mail listed . They will also be able to meet with and talk to the candidates that night.