[Vision2020] Commmittee Emails II

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 1 23:51:32 PDT 2006

Chas,

 I could have just gone off on my own and asked whatever  questions I wanted, yes. But that would not have been the committee  coming up and doing it and they would not have been V2020 panel  questions, just Donovan's questions. Nobody told me that it was not  possible to contact the local candidates. I thought that would be an  easy task considering the size of Latah and that we had all their  contact information.

 Bill did not block me from asking  questions, but he would not send me the responses of the candidates to  have them all formatted to save time and work, which was what he was  complaining about.  Had he sent me an email stating he was having  problems and gave up trying to ask the local candidates that questions  we agreed upon, I would have happily emailed, called, or written them,  but I didn't know that was a problem until just yesterday when Bill  notified us that the responses were posted.

 I think it is a  bummer that we don't get to hear from the local candidates and that  time was wasted seeking responses from candidates we didn't get a  response from. I think that was a wasted opportunity.

  Again, I disagree with your assessment of the committee. Bruce,  Jennifer, and Wayne, along with myself wanted questions asked of the  county candidates and even proposed some, we agreed on which of those  questions should be asked, I stated I was willing to help with the work  load. Bill refused the help, changed the plan that we all agreed  upon,  and didn't tell us anything about it until just yesterday.

  Thanks,

  _DJA

Chasuk <chasuk at gmail.com> wrote:  On 10/1/06, Donovan Arnold  wrote:

>  We all agreed to give the local candidates a couple questions. That never
> happened.

That didn't happen because no one who was in favor of asking the
questions actually got around to asking them.

>  I had offered to help out with the work load if that is what it took to get
> the local candidates responses but Bill didn't let me.

Bill London prevented you from asking questions of the local
candidates?  And how did he do that?

I'm not arguing for the sake of arguing here, but my recollection is
entirely different.

--
"Intolerance betrays want of faith in one's cause." -- Mahatma Gandhi