[Vision2020] Commmittee Emails II

Bruce and Jean Livingston jeanlivingston at turbonet.com
Mon Oct 2 04:51:54 PDT 2006

Donovan, I think you are missing Chasuk's point.  I agree that our committee came up with questions for all candidates, and that you and I were among those wanting to ask them of everyone, while Bill thought that we ought to concentrate on the so-called "major" races.  It is true that we put the questions together, anyway.  But my recollection was that once the Committee agreed on all the questions of all candidates, Bill did what he said, i.e., offered only to send the questions to the US Rep, State Rep., and County Commissioner candidates, while also requesting that one of us contact the candidates in the remaining four races.

I didn't contact those candidates, and it seems clear that neither did you or Jennifer or Barrett or Wayne.  I hope I told the group that I didn't have the time and asked one of you to do that, but I don't have any specific recollection of writing that to any of us.  Apparently all four of us who thought it would be good to ask these questions dropped the ball.

I  think that taking a shot at Bill is misplaced, when he was forthright about not being willing to find the contact info for 8 more people, and those of us who thought questions ought to be asked of those eight people were too lazy to follow-up on finding, contacting and asking these candidates the questions we formulated.

I would suggest that someone contact these folks and get their email addresses, so they might have an opportunity to answer our questions, but then I would feel that I have to do it, and I question whether I can take that time in the next week.  If anyone would be willing to get that contact info quickly, it's probably not too late.

Bruce