[Vision2020] Bush or McCain: Who's Right on Torture?

nickgier at adelphia.net nickgier at adelphia.net
Sun Oct 1 21:17:41 PDT 2006

Hi Ted,

Thanks for pointing out that my reference to McCain was ambiguous.  I was using his statement to show that it directly implies that we have indeed tortured detainees contrary to what Bush has said.

I'm revising my piece eliminating any reference to McCain.  Of course I agree with you that the Republican critics caved into Bush and there will be no guarantee that "alternative interrogation techniques" will not be used.  The Great Decider will decide to waterboard if he wants to.

Thanks to your research, Ted, I have many more verified examples of torture to add to my original essay "Beheading, Hooding, and Waterboarding: CIA Torture in Vietnam, Latin America, and Iraq."  There is no better proof than a Department of Defense autopsy report.

Nick Gier