[Vision2020] candidate questionaire responses available

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 1 19:35:45 PDT 2006

Bill,

 I told you several times via email I was willing to  help with the formatting of those answers and help with the work load  to get the questions for local candidates, and Barrett Schroeder and I  provided you with most the emails of the candidates. You ignored my  offers to help.

 The majority of the committee wanted  questions asked of the county candidates, not the US Reps and Governor  candidates, we said it was a waste of time, you can now see it was. You  wasted time on that with nothing to show for your efforts and against  the requests of the committee. We had plenty of people wanting to ask  questions of the local candidates where it would have been simpler and  more meaningful to get a response. You did not send out a single  question, as we agreed, for any of the candidates for Assessor, Clerk,  Coroner, and Treasurer and spend your time chasing three US Rep  candidates who for the most part didn't respond. You did what you  wanted to do, Bill.

  Best,

  _DJA

Bill London <london at moscow.com> wrote:              Donovan is not correct in his description of   actions of the V2020 candidate questionaire committee.
  He  states below that I overruled the majority of the questionaire  committee and refused to question the local candidates. Just not true.

  If you care about what happened....
  Most  of the committee did want to ask questions of the "lesser"  county offices (coroner, treasurer, assessor, etc).  I did not,  because I thought it was just too much work for our volunteer committee  and too much work for the very helpful folks at First Step who would  have to post the responses online.  I made it clear that  I did not have the time to handle the questionaires for all those  candidates.
  However,  since my opinion was in the minority, I agreed to help create the  questions for the candidates for those lesser offices as well  as the county commissioners, state reps, and the Congressional  candidates.  The committee then agreed on questions for all the  candidates, including those lesser offices.
  The  next step was to send the questions to the candidates, collect the  responses, and send them to the First Step wizards.  I volunteered  to take care of sending and posting the questions to the  commissioner, state rep, and Congressional candidates.  I sent two  emails to the committee asking for someone to do the same for the  questionaires for the 4 lesser local offices.
  Nobody from the committee responded.  So those   questions were never asked.
  BL