[Vision2020] This concert is a seasonal winner

Louise Barber louiseb at moscow.com
Tue Nov 28 22:26:44 PST 2006

COME TO THE SYMPHONY’S GLORIOUS HOLIDAY CONCERT!

You will be delighted!

The evening begins with winter or seasonally themed Classical pieces.*  Then
the orchestra will be joined

by the DOZIER-JARVIS-YOUNG QUARTET for a complete change of tune:  holiday
favorites, carols, and all that jazz!

December 9, 8:00 at Gladish Auditorium, Pullman (repeating again the next
afternoon at 3:00, Lewiston High School).

And surely you decorate your home for the season!  Order your GORGEOUS FRESH
VARIAGATED HOLLY now. It can be picked up at the concert.

(We will deliver upon request.)  This is a fundraiser of the Washington
Idaho Symphony Palouse League and all profit benefits the orchestra.

Contact Nancy Lyle (882-7025) or Louise Barber (882-4899) if you would like
to order a bag or two.

How about making a patchwork penguin for Christmas?  Kits by Quilt Something
will be available at the concert.

The penguin is the symphony’s mascot (surely you’ve noticed his resemblance
to all those musicians in tuxedos?) and therefore our perfect fundraiser.

This new jazzy little guy or gal would brighten even Scrooge’s day.

*Rimsky-Korsakov’s Polonaise from the opera “Christmas Eve,

Dream Pantomime from “Hansel and Gretel” by the nineteenth-century Engelbert
Humperdinck

Karelia Suite by Sibelius.