[Vision2020] An Apology, Roger?

Mark Solomon msolomon at moscow.com
Fri Nov 17 12:08:08 PST 2006

Nick,

I wish I could agree with your assessment of Tom Trail's political
virtues, but I can't. Here's a paragraph from his 2004 campaign
fundraising letter. His signature is at the bottom:

"My opponent is an ardent left wing liberal and extremist
environmental activist....Remember, Mark Solomon has his own
extremist agenda in mind, not the best interests of Latah County. As
we've seen before, he will say or do anything to put himself in
power. He will have substantial support form extremist groups who see
Latah County as an easy target, counting on voters to have short
memories and the large number of new people who don't know Solomon's
history."

I'll be glad to send the pdf of the entire letter to anyone who wishes it.

Or his use, out of context and without permission of quotes from
Janet Fiske and Dottie LeFors in his ads to suggest that they
supported him even after they contacted him and asked him to remove
them.

I could go on, but I won't. Maybe, just maybe, it all started with
Barrett but Trail was a very willing accomplice.

Mark Solomon