[Vision2020] lost dog

debismith at moscow.com debismith at moscow.com
Tue Nov 14 20:58:47 PST 2006

I guess the last message i sent, thanking everyone for their good thoughts, went astray in
cyberspace. Mont was found. Dave went to the Humane Society to see if someone had taken
him there. He just happened to be there when someone called to ask if they could drop off a
dog--said dog was the errant Mont. Dave retrieved the retriever, put him in Doggie Lockup, and
is in the process of building a more secure fence for the dog with a need to run free.

Just a note: anyone who thinks that houndish dog at the Phillips Farm Park is lost, please do
NOT rescue the dog. He lives just a couple hundred yards away, only wants your peanutbutter
sandwich and to play with your kids. Leave him there when you go home. He thinks the park is
his backyard, and actually, it is. He belongs at RavenCroft Farms, he just thinks he is
welcome everywhere within a one mile radius.  He can climb or dig under any fence if there are
kids nearby. A steel cable couldn't hold him today when he wanted to chase the local moose
out of our pond. He has a whim of steel, and the brains of a turnip....If he answers to Mont,
don't take him anywhere. Throw rocks at him, shoo him away, yell go home at him.

He's a big old doofus, but we love him, and if you rescue him he might not come home. Trust
me, you do not want him living at your house. He can go through 20 pounds of kibble in a
week!

Debi and Dave Smith