[Vision2020] ISP patrols

Jennifer McFarland jmcfarland at latah.id.us
Thu Nov 9 11:03:15 PST 2006

Wayne and Visionaries,

The Idaho State Patrol is stretched pretty thin in Region 2.  They service
Latah County as their time allows, and we, too, would like to see more of
them in our area.  If you are concerned about the number of troopers
patrolling this area and would like to see more troopers on the road, I
suggest contacting them.  Here is a link to their contact list which gives
phone numbers, fax numbers, and email addresses for the various people in
charge of the different departments
(http://www.isp.state.id.us/contact.html).  I, too, find myself saying
"where's a cop when you need one," when I'm cut off in traffic or when I'm
passed by someone driving recklessly.  From time to time I call the
Sheriff's Office and have a deputy pull the person over so I can sign a
citation against their driving (or at least have them warned, depending on
the gravity of the offense).  You can do this, too, as a citizen.  Make sure
that you have the location, time of offense, vehicle description (including
license plate number), and driver description (if possible) when you call
our office (882-2216).  If you want someone cited, you have to be willing to
sign the citation since it is your probable cause, not the office's that
will be used.

--Jennifer

Det. Jennifer L. McFarland
Latah County Sheriff's Office
Public Information Officer
PO Box 8068
Moscow, Idaho 83843
(208) 882-2216
Fax (208) 883-2281
 <http://www.latah.id.us/Dept/Sheriff_Main.htm>
http://www.latah.id.us/Dept/Sheriff_Main.htm

Truth is the summit of being; justice is the application of it to affairs.
***Ralph Waldo Emerson