[Vision2020] Re: Thompson Property Thoughts to Ponder

Nils Peterson nils_peterson at wsu.edu
Fri May 26 07:03:07 PDT 2006

Donovan Arnold wrote:

>It certainly is nice of Hansen and Peterson to discuss between each  other what
>the Thompsons' ought to do with their property. Perhaps  maybe the Thompsons'
>have a few suggestions on what Hansen and Peterson  can do with their
>properties.

>  _DJA

The irony here is that the property I own in Moscow was (as far as I can
tell) owned by the Thompsons for many years, as a rental house, and is part
of the Indian Hills subdivision that (as far as I can tell) they created.
So, my presumption is, the Thompsons did have their input on my property, as
far as zoning and platting are considered.

Tom Hansen and I are wondering how to have a public process to talk about
developments in Moscow, an attempt to move away from the confrontational
mode that the city has just experienced. Perhaps you would care to take a
non-confrontational stance and join the community in thinking about what it
wants to be.

As to having input in the Thompson ground, or any ground that comes up for
zoning and platting, that is the right and duty of the community. Property
rights are not absolute, and this is an area well established by law and
court rulings where the community is charged with helping to chart its
future. Join us.