[Vision2020] Re: OK, Chas, here goes.......

ToeKneeTime at aol.com ToeKneeTime at aol.com
Mon May 22 14:54:08 PDT 2006

Chas,

My slight upset at Scott was not directed at the substance of any of his
comments that I have EVER read.  It was directed at his decision to ignore  the
substance of my posts in favor of dismissing them out of hand.  I must  say
that I admire your decision to engage in dialog rather than bail out and
condescendingly dismiss others as bozos.  This, it seems to me, marks you  as a more
fair-minded individual, or more masochistic, I don't know which.   Anyhow...

In your second paragraph about the joys of democracy, you note that in our
modern times almost no group remains marginalized.  Yet withholding a
designation formulated for hetero sexual couples contemplating the raising of
children, from homosexuals, for whom no such considerations exist, does not
constitute marginalization.

Chas, the reason I suspect that this push for gay marriage is about cash  and
benefits and not justice, is because I never hear the liberal wing employing
the same arguments about marginalization in defense of the most marginalized
faction of our society today:  Unborn citizens, male and female, gay and
strait.

Isn't it just possible, Chas, that folks on my side of the argument could  be
sincerely motivated as I have attempted to convey to you?  Must folks on
your side constantly portray us as afraid of change?  Hateful,  "homophobic,"
bigoted, unprogressive, ignorant?  Could we not employ the  same arguments to
your marginalization of the unborn?

As for Brittany and Mickey and Elizabeth:  irrelevant.  That some  make a
mockery of an institution, does not invalidate that institution.

Will get back regarding the alleged slippery slope.  Don't have time  this
morning.  Let me say in closing that I think homosexual people are  every bit as
deserving of life liberty and the pursuit of happiness as  heteros.  But
chas, there is a difference between freedom and  license.  Every proclamation must
have it's limits.  There are  individuals who would demand all manner of
considerations, if indulged.   But as I said, more on that later.....

So, all that being said, you and Scott and Keely and J and Saundra and
Melynda and.......... OK, Joan too, have a great week.

Best,  --Tony