[Vision2020] Tribune uncovers new Moscow pro-growth group

Steven Basoa sbasoa at moscow.com
Mon May 22 11:28:40 PDT 2006

Here's what concerns me about this group (the Greater Moscow
Alliance):  Many have shown that they do not have Moscow's best
interests at heart, but rather, their pocketbooks are all that
matter.  Mr. Busch and his company have long held us hostage at our
local gas pumps.  Mr. Comstock, Mr. Busch and Ms. Mack have
demonstrated through their poor leadership and lack of vision on the
city council that they don't care about infrastructure or controlling
the growth of town.  Instead they have offered us myriad sub-
divisions with no intelligent street planning, etc (this list could
go on).  Ms. Bennett and Mr. Morscheck are realtors and their
fortunes are made on the sale and re-sale of property (the more the
better).

Of those that I know of on the board, only Dr. Weitz has offered
positive ideas and potential solutions for growth and development.
And he has gone even farther by backing his words with positive actions.

I am skeptical that this group (as a whole) has any agenda other than
the business-as-usual/good-old-boy plans that they have lorded over
town for so many years.  But I will wait and see and hope (with
baited/bated breath) that they do come up some positive plans and
forward thinking ideas that will actually benefit the entire populace
rather than their individual bank accounts.

Moscow definitely seems to be at a crossroads and we do need to get
more positive ideas out on the table.  Hopefully the GMA will offer
helpful and insightful ideas on our future growth.

-SB