[Vision2020] Crabtree's did not Breach Anything

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sun May 21 18:02:22 PDT 2006

Two things here;

 1) Gary only brought online an email which  could be perceived as a threatening email. Private emails are not  protected once they threaten illegal action against a person. If you  threaten to hurt someone, deprive them of their property, or restrict  their movements, you are no longer protected by the rule of "don't make  public private emails." Now I don't believe that Joe Campbell was at  all serious about punching anybody in the nose. He would not do that,  he is too nice of a guy, it was probably something said in the heat of  the moment. But that does not mean that Gary or others would  necessarily think that. Therefore, I don't think Joe's private emails  was covered under that rule. If you send me a threatening email, I will  forward it to the police, and everyone else I know, and I would  encourage others to do the same. If you get a private email otherwise,  keep it  private.

2) I think it immoral to  intentionally withhold doing business with a person because you  disagree with them politically, religiously, or have expressed  viewpoints that are contrary to your own, with only a few minor  exception to this rule in extreme cases.
     If I  withheld dollars from businesses that I disagreed with because people  at the business didn't share my politics, religion, or other opinions,  I would run out of places to shop. If everyone did that, we would never  know people's real opinions because people would not speak up out of  fear of losing their livelihoods.
     You should  shop at a place because it provides the kind of price, quality, or  service you expect and/or want; not because the guy serving the cheese  cake is a liberal or a member of the Christ Church, or is  pro or  anti Wal Mart.

 One type of behavior however, that will earn  my scorn and lose my business quickely, is a business with employees  that talk about who came into the place, what they bought, how they  behaved, how much they spent, and when they were there. That stuff tics  me off. Keep work at work, and personal stuff in your personal life. If  I hear from somebody that I was at store and hear second hand every  time I go there, I will not go there ever again. That is just so rude  to talk about your customers by name to your  friends and   neighbors. Never talk or gossip about your customers, that is a breach  of trust and a lack of respect for the people that feed you.

  Best Regards,

  _DJA

Scott Dredge <sdredge at yahoo.com> wrote:I  think Gary would probably have enough integrity to decline signing you  up as a customer Wayne.  I also don't think that Gary takes v2020  all that serious which is why he's a master at baiting most of  us.  You could call him a master baiter.

I'd have no problem doing business with Gary.

-Scott

Art Deco <deco at moscow.com> wrote: Sunil, Keely

When I was small, a respected elder said to me:

"If you do not want to be thought a liar, then start by not telling lies."

Hence, if you do not want to be thought of as lacking integrity, than start
with showing that you do not lack integrity.

There is no absolute connection between Gary's intentional outing of Joe's
message and his ethics as a locksmith.  However, I predict the probability
of someone's future actions by all their past   actions in context that I am
aware of.  You can make your own judgments.

I would not think of not doing business with Gary on the basis of his
opinions so far expressed here.  However, this last incident has nothing to
do with the gist of his opinions.  This last incident after Ted , Sunil, and
others discussed it has given me pause about doing business based on an
assessment of the strength of his integrity under the pressure of stress and
ill-will.

Art Deco (Wayne A. Fox)
deco at moscow.com

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com

Feel free to call! Free PC-to-PC calls. Low rates on PC-to-Phone.  Get Yahoo! Messenger with Voice