[Vision2020] Crabtree's Breach Of Trust Serious Ethical Fault

g. crabtree jampot at adelphia.net
Sun May 21 17:42:53 PDT 2006

I was going to try to steer clear of this topic and move on to more interesting matters, but this most recent thread seems to demand a response. I did indeed post an off list reply in full and unedited, and I do not think that it was in any way a "serious ethical fault." Here are the reasons why.

1. The response was to a publicly debated topic.

2. The discussion was being conducted in a public forum

3. The threat involved going to a public place and doing violence to my private nose.

4. Mr. Campbell aspires to hold a public office.

5. Mr. Campbell sees fit to lecture the public on the virtue of tolerance.

I receive many off list communications. When the sender requests privacy or confidentiality, I respect their wishes. When they don't, I assume that the information contained is mine to do with as I will (although if you send me mail and threaten to do me bodily harm and keep it under my hat be advised right now that I most likely won't).

With regard to Mr. Fox's attempt to interfere with my ability to provide for my family, all I can say is as a locksmith and security consultant the most valuable thing I have is my reputation. As a member of the security profession I am privy to a great deal of sensitive information and public trust. I'll leave it up to the membership to decide for themselves if this incident should change any of that. Needless to say, should Mr. Fox find himself in need of my services, I would respectfully suggest that he make other arrangements.

G. Crabtree