[Vision2020] Tribune uncovers new Moscow pro-growth group

Mark Seman FCS at Moscow.com
Sun May 21 08:25:07 PDT 2006

Tom,
Understanding any organization's goals is often a long-term process.  My
limited participation to help understand, provide input and potentially
influence is worth $25 to me now.  If they are heading in a direction that
is contrary to my vision then I don't sign up again.  I've participated in
other such groups that have turned out to be worthless to my goals.  I've
yet to find any group that has my same expectations (nor would I really want
to.)  It's frustrating at times, to not be able to move a good vision
forward, but everything has its own time.  For one years' dues, I'm willing
to see what GMA plans to bring to the table; it's part of the cost of me
doing business.

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Hansen [mailto:thansen at moscow.com]
Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 5:50 AM
To: FCS at moscow.com; vision2020 at moscow.com
Subject: RE: [Vision2020] Tribune uncovers new Moscow pro-growth group

Mark -

Although I applaud your community activism, I personally would want to know
just where an organization stands on issues before I joined it.

So far, all the Greater Moscow Alliance (GMA) has accomplished amounts to
nothing more than providing a list of "feel good" mission standards, a list
of names that comprises its leadership, and a list of "Issues of Interest"
of which they have no stated position.

Thoughts, Moscow?

"In America, anybody can become president.
That's one of the risks you take . . ."

- Adlai Stevenson