[Vision2020] When Moscow Doubles -- Questioning the Premise

Nils Peterson nils_peterson at wsu.edu
Sun May 21 09:08:18 PDT 2006

I was arriving along a similar line of thinking, problemetizing the
question. But I'd like to stick with it.

Here, through the magic of compound interest

Rate of growth    population in 2020, starting from 20K today
 1% 22989
 2% 26390
 3% 30252
 4% 34634
 5% 39559

I'm not worried about the water issue, Seattle doubled its population and
reduced total water consumption. We have real work to do, but we are as
smart as the people is Seattle. Now-- you've told us that the Wanapum wells
will go dry in this time frame... So we have to be even smarter than
Seattle.

The other issue is the economic driver -- show me the money. Topic for
another post.