[Vision2020] Two "Must See" Telecasts About the Iraqi War

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri May 19 19:12:42 PDT 2006

DC -

Yes.  I have seen "Iraq Confidential" twice.

It is excellent.  One segment that made me particularly proud was when a
patrol medic had escorted several injured to the makeshift field hospital
(more like "tent city") after a rather extensive fire fight.  Among the
injured were several insurgents.

This is what is meant by the "moral high ground", when you realize that
while under extreme threatening conditions, the medic sought to save the
insurgents as well as his own comrades.  The field surgeons commented that
they were not looking at them as enemy insurgents, merely injured soldiers
in desperate need of medical attention.

I am looking forward to seeing it again.  This time, though, I I will record
it.

Thanks again, DC.

t hansen-moore
Moscow, Idaho

"Patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion but the tranquil
and steady dedication of a lifetime."

--Adlai E. Stevenson, Jr.