[Vision2020] government checks? please!

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Wed May 17 13:22:55 PDT 2006

Tom,

  Once again, I appreciate your taking a bullet in the head for this country.

  However, my attacks against you, were AFTER you attacked my Father and  his service in the Military. He is your superior officer, an 0-5, and  who did  much for this country and his work has saved the lives  many 10000s of soldiers and the innocent, most notably, with providing  the electronic components for the Tomahawk Cruise missile.

  You attack my father, mother, sister, brother, cousin, or any relative  and I only called you a couch potato??? Hey, you are lucky. I must have  been having a good day, eh?

  The immaturity here Hansen, is you going after my Father, a military veteran, because you don't like me.

  That was way over the line and I responded, when I should just wrote  you off, with an equally offensive comment to you. Which apparently it  was because you have not shut up about it for 2 1/2 years.

  DO NOT MAKE FUN OF MY FATHER. And I will not call your war buddies dead  beats that deserved to get shot in some pointless war. I believe anyone  that hangs out with a grunt in the military that called you a friend  could not possible  be a  hero if all they make fun of the  people that design the planes and weapons that cover your ass from  enemy fire.

 I am so sick, of you playing the "I was in the  military" card. I don't give a rat's ass. I only care if you actually  did something when you were there. Anyone can put on a uniform. How  many pedophiles, rapists, murderers, traitors, former Nazis, and other  useless pieces of garbage have been in the military? Wearing a   military uniform does not make you a hero, Bush wore a military  uniform, it is what you do while wearing the uniform that makes you a  hero.

 All you have done with your military service  Mr. Hansen is use it to try and say that you are always right about  everything, and to put down many of your superior officers and fellow  solders.

 So stop telling me you were in the military, I  don't give a shit. You were in the military, so what. You joined an  organization which you knew at the time  was carpet bombing little  kids with napalm in Asia, whoopee!

  Regards,

  _DJA

Tom Hansen <idahotom at hotmail.com> wrote:  Thank you for your support, keely.

This is nothing new from Arnold.  This is the same idiot that made a similar
(almost identical) joke concerning two close friends of mine killed in
Vietnam.

At that time the discussion on V2020 concerned General Wesley Clark and his
(Gen Clark's) candidacy for president.  I had mentioned that I was assigned
to Fort Irwin under then Colonel Wesley Clark (Chief, Operations Group, Fort
Irwin, Calif) (remembering it now, Arnold??).  The discussion expanded to
include places I had served and friends I had known.  Throughout this
discussion Arnold was providing his "colorful" commentary about how I was a
couch potato and how friends of mine couldn't be any better.  I mentioned
John Wiggins and Dale Roderick and mentioned that they were both killed in
Vietnam.  Arnold responded with words to the affect that they were probably
the two biggest couch potatoes in the Army.

So, you see, keely.  Arnold hasn't chaned one iota in the past couple years.
  A skunk may change its stripes, but the smell long endures.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

t hansen
Moscow, Idaho

>From: "keely emerinemix"
>To: donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com, thansen at moscow.com
>CC: vision2020 at moscow.com
>Subject: [Vision2020] government checks?  please!
>Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 04:57:21 -0700
>
>I've learned that answering him is like feeding stray cats, but I take
>exception to Donovans saying that Tom Hansen has never had a job that
>didn't result in a government paycheck.
>
>Tom is a veteran.  He served his country and served it well, as evidenced
>by his long tenure and his honorable discharge.  He gave what he had and
>earned every paycheck he got, and it offends me greatly to suggest that he
>and other veterans simply relied on "government checks."  The government,
>and all of us, relied on them.  Simple as that.
>
>I'm glad you're getting your education, Donovan, and doing it the hard way,
>but judging from your take on voting and service to the country, you seem
>not to have learned very much at all.
>
>keely

 List services made available by First Step Internet,
          mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com