[Vision2020] Beastiality and Incest

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Fri May 5 00:46:47 PDT 2006

> > rvrcowboy wrote:

> >> I sincerely hope people here do not take this post the wrong way but
> >> there is a question that has been troubling me for some time.  As far
> >> as I know, and believe me I am no expert here, many of the same cites
> >> in the Bible which speak directly about homosexuality also speak
> >> directly about beastiality and incest.  I have heard people justify
> >> their homosexual acts by stating that these passages of the Bible
> >> also ban other things, like eating pork, etc..  Since many here are
> >> openly homosexual, or gay if you prefer, I would like very much to
> >> know your views on beastiality and incest.  Do you believe these are
> >> also a matter of choice that the Bible does not take seriously?

I'll bite.  First, the Bible means nothing to me, save a bit of its
poetry, and a few pithy proverbs.  Otherwise, I find it irrelevant.
Note that I am speaking for myself.  Your mileage may vary.

As for bestiality and incest, let's divide them into two different
subjects.  Concerning bestiality, I don't think the beast probably
minds, so I have no objection other than my own repugnance.  I don't
buy the "consent" issue regarding animals, as I think it is
disingenuous to apply selectively.  We castrate animals, we spay them,
we crop their ears, dock their tails, we turn them into shoes and
handbags.  We use them to carry heavy burdens.  We eat them.  Not once
did we ask their consent, unless we are Native Americans.  Even then,
I'd be surprised if the Native Americans waited for an answer.  Incest
is another matter.  However, between consenting adults, I don't care.
Having children wouldn't be a good idea between these coupling cousins
(or whatever), but I would consider inbreeding a disingenuous
objection, as we don't prevent people with known inheritable disorders
from having sexual relationships.

No, I don't practice or encourage either one of these deviant
behaviors (deviant as in deviating from the cultural norm).