[Vision2020] Re: Only the short sighted think Death Penalty MustBeAbolis...

Ron Force rforce at moscow.com
Thu May 4 15:05:40 PDT 2006

One of my old professors used to say "Common Sense is the last refuge of the
ignorant".

Or, if you can't think of a coherent argument, say "It's only Common Sense
that..."

Or, as Ambrose Bierce put it:

"It is a universal human weakness to disparage the knowledge that we do
not ourselves possess, but it is only my own beloved country that can
justly boast herself the last refuge and asylum of the impotents and
incapables who deny the advantage of all knowledge whatsoever. It was an
American senator who declared that he had devoted a couple of weeks to
the study of finance, and found the accepted authorities all wrong. It
was another American senator who, confronted with certain hostile facts
in the history of another country, proposed "to brush away all facts,
and argue the question on consideration of plain common sense."

Ron Force        Moscow ID USA
rforce at moscow.com

Sunil,

Their are any number of studies supporting either position on the death
penalty or any other issue.  My position on this issue is also bolstered by
what is commonly referred to as "COMMON SENSE".