[Vision2020] NOT interesting...just sad but true

Tom Hansen idahotom at hotmail.com
Mon May 1 11:55:38 PDT 2006

Mr. Ed -

One primary reason why the "white race" is not provided a forum on which to
celebrate their heritage within the public school system (or any
tax-supported venue for that matter) is the general lack of any evidence
that whites have been victim to racial prejudice, injustice,
or profiling in our history.

By "racial prejudice" I am referring to physical assaults, lynchings, and
abuse.

By "racial injustice" I am referring to the manner in which our legal system
"dealt" with various minorities.

I simply do not recall any instances in our history, similar to those cited
above, confronted by white males.

Perhaps you are refering to the Affirmative Action Program (AAP) where
quotas have been established, and in some cases enforced.  Perhaps the AAP
caused somebody you know to sit out his/her first college semester.

Well, Mr. Ed, again your arument falls short.  Many affirmative action
programs were designed to provide minority members a "fair chance" at the
American dream, a dream that, for the longest time, has been defined by
white males.

Ah, yes.  White males.  That portion of the American populace for which you
desire to seek ancestral pride, that portion of the American populace whose
obstacles were never defined by their race or gender.

My pride, Mr. Ed, is in the American people's ability to overcome those very
obstacles created by the ancestors for which you seek recognition.