[Vision2020] NOT interesting...just sad but true

James Reynolds chapandmaize at hotmail.com
Mon May 1 10:33:05 PDT 2006

It seems as though the fundamentalist's have tied themselves to conservative politics as Michael says. It is not a good mix.....God and politics....all of the give comes from the religion and all of the take goes to the politics. It is a nasty mess you fundamentalists have gotten yourselves into. How can you preach Godliness while standing with the platform of a political party that does so many things against the word of the Bible. Your duality looks more absurd as time goes on and as more ungodly behavior pours from the republican party.

Good luck you captains of confusion.

James

From: metzler at moscow.comTo: vision2020 at moscow.comDate: Mon, 1 May 2006 10:18:16 -0700Subject: [Vision2020] NOT interesting...just sad but true

Ed,

I was taking the liberty to be self-critical.  I am a stupid, conservative, fundamentalist, American Christian; I have been all my life.  I didn’t mean to single you out.  I’m standing right by your side; and as soon as you say something that Jesus would and stop talking conservative politics as if it was baptized by the holy ghost, I’ll let up.

Your friend
Michael

Well, Michael,

Despite your assumed intelligence, your allegations are unfounded. "Ignorant?" Okay. "Stupid?" Whatever. Call names if you like, if it makes you feel better. What irritates me, is that you are assuming/insinuating that Christian, fundamentalist, Americans are afforded more life chances than are others. Hogwash!! I will have you know that I grew up in extreme poverty for the better part of 18 years while living at home. My parents didn't put me through college and I received the identical state-sponsored education (and no more) available to every American. I don't know what race you are (either a minority or a self-loathing, guilt-ridden White apologist), but my statement is as pure as the air you breath... Perhaps a bad metaphor, you might be an environmentalist whacko..

Have a great day,

Ed