[Vision2020] Flip Flop

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri Mar 24 07:13:00 PST 2006

FLIP . . .

Rumsfeld Vows Iraq Drawdown Will Continue
[Washington Times, March 24, 2006, Pg. 1]

Secretary Rumsfeld said the commanders are planning further troop reductions
in Iraq despite ongoing violence that has killed hundreds of civilians after
the February bombing of the Shiite Golden Mosque.

FLOP . . .

Bush's Request for Iraqi Base Funding Make Some Wary of Extended Stay
[Los Angeles Times, March 24, 2006, Pg. 1]

The Bush administration has requested hundreds of millions of dollars for
large bases in Iraq, raising concerns that they might be intended to serve
as permanent bases for U.S. troops.

So, Visionaires, which are we to believe?  Rumsfeld's vow of troops
reductions?  Or Bush's intention of building large, permanent bases in Iraq?

My suggestion:  Keep your heads up and . . .

"Don't Let the Bastards Get You Down."
http://www.tomandrodna.com/Dont_Let_The_Bastards_Get_You_Down.mp3

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"In America, anybody can become president.
That's one of the risks you take . . ."

- Adlai Stevenson