[Vision2020] Our thanks to Scott Dredge

Joan Opyr joanopyr at moscow.com
Fri Mar 17 15:02:41 PST 2006

Dear Visionaries:

Brother Carl and I would like to offer a sincere, joyful, and very
public "thank you" to Scott Dredge who, out of the blue, granted our
fondest wishes this week by offering us two tickets to the Mariners'
opening game.  On April 3rd, thanks to Scott, Carl and I will be
winging our way on an Alaskan Airlines flight from Spokane to Seattle.
 From SeaTac, we'll take a taxi to Safeco Field, where Carl will drink
beer, I will eat a few dozen Hebrew Nationals, and we'll both sing the
national anthem and "Take me out to the ball game" at the top of our
happy lungs.  Carl and I will be reporting on the festivities, both
pre- and post-game on The Auntie Establishment and Brother Carl Show,
and I'll be writing a piece (or two or three) about my first ever
opening day on New West magazine.  I never went to a Tigers opening day
when I lived in Detroit, or to a Durham Bulls opening day when I lived
in Raleigh, NC.  What a boon!  What a pleasure!  And what a great,
great guy is Scott Dredge!

Scott, we loved you before but now, well, would you marry us?  Please?
It would make a great sitcom, don't you think?  Me, Carl and Scott,
living in an Airstream trailer in Southern Idaho -- something along the
lines of HBO's "Big Love."  (Anyone out there seen that?  Very funny.)

Yours -- no, Scott's -- sincerely,
Joan/Auntie E

Joan Opyr
Northern Idaho Editor