[Vision2020] Kempthorne's appointment

Shirley Ringo ringoshirl at moscow.com
Fri Mar 17 05:35:04 PST 2006

 Visionaries:

State government is astir with conversation and rumors following news of Governor Dirk Kempthorne's nomination to the post of Secretary of the Interior.

Will James Risch reconsider his decision and run for Governor?  If so, who would step in as Lieutenant Governor?

The questions should be answered by the end of the day.

If Lieutenant Governor Risch does throw his hat in the ring for governor, some folks are betting on State Senator Brad Little as a top runner for Lieutenant Governor.

With respect to the Kempthorne nomination, we must encourage him to protect our public lands.  As you know, there have been proposals to sell off public lands.  I haven't heard Governor K. take a position on the issue.  He needs to know where Idahoans stand.

Shirley