[Vision2020] Brady's in Touch with West

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Mar 16 07:08:00 PST 2006

>From today's (March 16, 2006) Lewiston Tribune with thanks to Christopher
Winter -

Brady's in touch with West

Well, finally Idaho has a political candidate who has some cojones -- Jerry
Brady. Mr. Brady is running for governor against Butch Otter. Mr. Otter is
out of touch with, not just Idahoans, but the West. Mr. Brady wants to
defend our tradition, custom and birthright of national public lands in the
West. Mr. Otter has no doubt gone through boxes of knee pads in Washington,
D.C., servicing corporate special interests who desire to privatize our
national public lands system at the expense of working and middle class
Americans. If there ever was something that is anti-American; it would be
privatizing and selling our national heritage. Mr. Otter has demonstrated
his true heart. It isn't red, white and blue.

The selling and privatization of our national public lands will be a
significant national and state issue in 2006 and 2008. It is generally
linked to processes of globalization and the sinister long-term political
strategies of some public officials. Americans are fed up with run-amok
globalization, its products and byproducts to include political corruption,
illegal immigration, tax and fee increases by the Bush administration,
fiscal mismanagement of the national treasury, offshoring business,
outsourcing jobs, leasing American ports to terrorist-sponsoring nations,
and now we are slapped in the face by privateers such as Mr. Otter who
intend to sell off -- privatize -- our national heritage too. Why even have
an America?

I recently moved across the river to Washington, but too soon. Mr. Brady
appears to be a man of courage and conviction who will champion Idaho's
quality of life. Isn't it time?

Christopher T. Winter
Clarkston

Keep Idaho green.

Vote Brady.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"Patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion but the tranquil
and steady dedication of a lifetime."

--Adlai E. Stevenson, Jr.