[Vision2020] Council Far From Anti-Growth

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 15 07:37:46 PST 2006

Gary brings up an excellent point! Moscow's city government has been  very anti-business. It has opposed businesses wanting to develop in the  East, and West. It has opposed Walmart, Home Depot, and other  businesses coming into the area. It has done nothing to help many local  businesses that are going under. But not only does it oppose businesses  in Moscow, it is also fighting efforts for jobs and businesses  developing in Latah and in the Pullman/Moscow corridor on the Pullman  side.

 The only place Moscow allows a business to be located  in downtown, which does not have enough parking for many types of  businesses, or in an already existing location which is not properly  suited for the business.

  _DJA

"g. crabtree" <jampot at adelphia.net> wrote:  I think that it's fairly safe to say that when a council meddles with how
many square feet a business can be, by what percentage it may expand, and
what sort of a "living wage " it will pay, it's no friend to business. While
I am reluctantly willing to take Mr. Stout at his word that he's pro growth
and pro business, I sure haven't seen or heard anything from him or the
council as a whole that makes me believe it to be the case. To say that
you're pro business as long as you pay a given wage,  sell the correct
product from the approved country,are just the right size in exactly the
right location, and are owned by the proper people is to encourage
development a mile or two across the border in Whitman county. Perhaps those
are the people our McC(A)ouncil and mayor represents.?

G. Crabtree