[Vision2020] Council Far From Anti-Growth

g. crabtree jampot at adelphia.net
Tue Mar 14 06:43:48 PST 2006

I think that it's fairly safe to say that when a council meddles with how
many square feet a business can be, by what percentage it may expand, and
what sort of a "living wage " it will pay, it's no friend to business. While
I am reluctantly willing to take Mr. Stout at his word that he's pro growth
and pro business, I sure haven't seen or heard anything from him or the
council as a whole that makes me believe it to be the case. To say that
you're pro business as long as you pay a given wage,  sell the correct
product from the approved country,are just the right size in exactly the
right location, and are owned by the proper people is to encourage
development a mile or two across the border in Whitman county. Perhaps those
are the people our McC(A)ouncil and mayor represents.?

G. Crabtree