[Vision2020] RE: Unstable, Doomed, Missed Points

Joan Opyr joanopyr at moscow.com
Fri Mar 10 18:11:07 PST 2006

Hello Gary Crabtree,

First, no sarcasm here; none at all.  Just a straightforward question
about the position you stake out above.  A sheriff in West Virginia is,
at present, being sued for refusing CPR to a gay man who died as a
consequence.  Would you support that sheriff's decision not to supply a
service for which he, the sheriff, had contracted but which he found
personally and morally repugnant?  It concerns me that medical services
(and I included filling prescriptions) might be parsed out according to
the provider's belief or whim.  The pharmacist doesn't write the
prescription; he/she just pops the pills into the bottle.  The
pharmacist is also not in a position, legally or morally, to dictate
ethics to the patient.  Where do we draw the line?  What would you say
of Scientology pharmacists who (like eighth level Thetan, Tom Cruise)
believe that Prozac is wicked and a few lessons from L. Ron Hubbard are
more than adequate for treating depression?  Or Catholic pharamacists
who don't want to supply any form of birth control?  (Not even ugly
eyeglasses.)

Interested to hear your answer.  No kidding!

Joan Opyr/Auntie Establishment
www.joanopyr.com