[Vision2020] Wayne's election comment

James Reynolds chapandmaize at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 10 06:55:02 PST 2006

My wife and I were reflecting about the election in question. Here is our
experience. We went down together and had adjacent "booths" for the vote. I
had a considerable amount of difficulty getting my ballot inserted
completely into the machine to where the holes would line up with the  red
knobs that indicate proper placement. I forced the issue, got my card into
place then looked to see if Beth was having similar difficulties and she
was. She was starting to leaf through the book but I noticed her card was
not in all the way so I steped over and assisted her.

I don't know if others experienced this. I didn't think much about it at the
time, we were just happy to cast our votes. I expect the tolerances are
close both with trimming the ballots and adjusting the machines so that the
holes line up properly. I wonder now if this wasn't a problem.